Brazil, finally!

Finally, my dream is coming true. Finally, I get to see a little bit of the big South-America!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I LOVE my music, it's my religion.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Dia nacionale, birthday and sushi

Dia nacionale, the libearation day of Brazil, in addition to my 20th birthday!:)
OK, first day in Salvador is coming to an end,and it has been quite the evntful day...! I live with a girl from Oslo named Sigrun, with a very sweet old woman. The house is lovely, and we can come and go as we want. My night was horrible though, woke up every hour, and got out of bed at half past eight. The weather was so-so, very windy, but warm enough. So our "mum's" sister took us on a tour of the neighborhood, and suddenly, a bucketload of water came pouring from the sky...! Not very pleasant; So we met up with the other students, went for a walk, looked around, but ended up in Ane's appartment watching Dave Letterman (which, amazingly enough, was in english!)

We went to dinner at a nice restaurant in Porto Barra where I had the filet mignon, and all the others paid for me, as a birthday present..very nice! They also got up and sang a song, which was also very nice, and kind of embarassing.
The language-bit isn]t going too well yet (our mum speaks no english what so ever), but monday we start the portuguese-lessons at school..I can't wait!

The city is beautiful, I like it here already...and the other students are great:) We are actually three from the north of Norway!;) That's good shit. Tomorrow we're having a party at the top of Pier Sul, where the student appartments are, with a pool and everything..I hope the weather clears up in time! I'll give you an update as soon as possible ;)

Thank you so much for the birthday messages, everyone!! So nice, thank you, thank you:) I had a great 20th indeed:) Until we speak again, boa noite! Luuuuv y'all;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ILU...! ÅÅåå, det høres ut som at du har det kjæmpebra altså, å det e sååå bra =) kos dæ masssse!! <3

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home