Brazil, finally!

Finally, my dream is coming true. Finally, I get to see a little bit of the big South-America!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I LOVE my music, it's my religion.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Hippy-hoppy

Ok, so tuesday we all went to Pelourinho, the old part of town, with our student counsellors Trond Ola and Karen, because tuesdays are crazy in Pelourinho. Lots of different concerts, people singing and dancing in the streets, food and drinks, markets and so on. Very entertaining! Trond Ola knew some guys who were doing hip-hop and breakdancing on a pretty high level, so we went to see them perform. They were ok. So after they finished, we talked to them,and this one guy, Usher (he had an open white shirt which was blowing in the wind, a huge cross around his neck, pantyhose on his head and huge sunglasses even though is was ten in the evening) started hitting on my roomie Sigrun..That was funny:) The other funny thing was, in addition to refering to reggae as heggae, they refer to hip-hop as hippy-hoppy. Now, that`s just hilarious! Wednesday, that`s yesterday, was boring. We went to school and, oh, we had our first dancing class! We are learing samba and some afro-dance, it`s pretty cool even though we suck. Hoe we`ll get better! We went to a horrible restaurant and then we went to bed about ten o`clock ;P But the daughter of Orlinda, the lady we`re staying with, got married yesterday! So when we got home, the whole family was there, and they had cake, and it was really nice. So we got cake for breakfast today;p

Today, half the class went to the policestation to get their visas in ordnung, and the rest of us had portuduese until eleven thirty. Then we went straight to the beach in Porto Barra, where we met our friends from yesterday. They worked there, and they provided us with beach chairs, food and beer, coco gelado (coconut milk), pepsi or whatever we might desire. Nice! So today we met some other guys there, they lived in a favela (dangerous! Very poor and scetchy place, you can see them from afar, I`ll post a picture so you can see what I mean) and they were hippy-hoppers. Cool people! So we`re meeting them for a reggea-concert tomorrow. Cooool ;)

Ok, that`s all I`ve got right now, later!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha :H hippy-hoppy... well,that's nice...!! :P

I wish I could be there to see you dance samba, and to see you like a nice pink pig... ;) miss you like crazy!!! (well,mostly just a little bit, because I'm too busy to miss you;))

lots of love :ยค

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home